- Target muscle: Triceps brachii
- Synergists: None
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Stand holding a dumbbell in one hand using a neutral grip.
- Lift the dumbbell up over your head and slightly back, with your elbow bent and pointed up towards the ceiling.
- Exhale while pushing the dumbbell upwards until your arm is extended. Keep your elbow close to your head and the dumbbell behind your head.
- Inhale as you lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
- Repeat with the opposite arm.
Comments and tips
Standing one-arm overhead dumbbell triceps extension video
ExRx.net, Elbow Articulations