Skip to content
- Target muscle: Triceps Brachii
- Synergists: None
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, lie on your back (supine) on a decline bench.
- Hook your feet under the foot pads.
- Raise the dumbbells vertically and hold them using a neutral grip (palms facing each other).
- Keeping your upper arms fixed, inhale as you flex your elbows and lower the dumbbells to the sides of your head in a semicircular motion.
- Exhale as you extend your elbows and push the dumbbells back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Comments and tips
- Keep your upper arms fixed. Only your forearms should move.
- At the top of the movement, do not lock out your elbows.
Decline dumbbell triceps extension video