Skip to content
Main muscles activated
- Sit on the cable machine and grasp the straight bar using a shoulder-width supinated (underhand) grip.
- Slide your buttocks backward and straighten your back. The cable should be pulled taut, and your arms and shoulders should be stretching forward.
- Keeping your elbows close to your body, exhale as you pull the bar to your abdomen.
- Hold for a count of two, stick out your chest, and squeeze your back muscles.
- Inhale as you return the bar to the starting position, with your arms and shoulders stretching forward.
Comments and tips
Straight-back seated underhand cable row video