- Target muscle: Anterior Deltoid
- Synergists: Lateral Deltoid, Upper Pectoralis Major, Serratus Anterior, Middle and Lower Trapezius
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Force: Push
- Stand with the middle of the band underneath your feet and your hands gripping the handles using an overhand grip.
- Keeping your elbows slightly bent, exhale as you raise the handles forward and upward until they are slightly above shoulder height.
- Hold for a count of two.
- Inhale as you reverse the motion and return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Comments and tips
- Only your arms should move. Keep your body still and your back neutral throughout the exercise.
- Do not swing your arms. Perform in a slow and controlled manner.
- If you feel any pain in your shoulder, you may be raising your arms too high. Try lowering the height to which you raise your arms. If the pain still persists, stop the exercise.
- Use the overhand grip is so your anterior deltoids will be more engaged.
- If you have access to more gym equipment, see also the cable front raise, barbell front raise and dumbbell front raise.
Band front raise video
ExRx.net, Shoulder Articulations