- Target muscle: Anterior Deltoid
- Synergists: Lateral Deltoid, Supraspinatus, Triceps Brachii, Middle and Lower Trapezius, Serratus Anterior
- Mechanics: Compound
- Force: Push
- Stand with the middle of the resistance band underneath your feet and grip the handles with an underhand (supinated) grip.
- Bend your elbows to bring your hands to the sides of your shoulders. Allow the cables to stretch behind your shoulders.
- Your neck and back should be in neutral position, your elbows out to the sides, and your palms facing front.
- Keeping your back neutral and elbows out to the sides, exhale as you straighten your elbows, pressing upward against the band.
- Hold for a count of two.
- Inhale as you slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Comments and tips
Band shoulder press video
ExRx.net, Lever Shoulder Press