Skip to content
- Target muscle: Posterior Deltoid
- Synergists: Lateral Deltoid, Infraspinatus, Teres Minor, Middle and Lower Trapezius, Biceps Brachii, Brachialis, Brachioradialis
- Stabilizers: Upper Trapezius, Levator Scapulae (not highlighted in illustration)
- Mechanics: Compound
- Force: Pull
- Holding a loaded barbell with a shoulder-width, pronated (overhand) grip, lie prone (on your front) on a bench inclined at 45 or more degrees and allow the barbell to hang straight down.
- Exhale as you pull the barbell up to your lower chest.
- Hold for a count of two.
- Inhale as you lower the barbell to the starting position.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Comments and tips
Prone incline wide-grip upright row video