Skip to content
- Target muscle: Posterior Deltoid
- Synergists: Infraspinatus, Teres Minor, Lateral Deltoid, Middle and Lower Trapezius, Rhomboids, Brachialis, Brachioradialis
- Dynamic stabilizer: Biceps Brachii
- Mechanics: Compound
- Force: Pull
- Set the Smith machine bar to waist height or place a barbell on a rack at waist height.
- Lie under the bar with your knees bent. Grab onto the bar with an overhand grip, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Lift your torso off the floor so that you’re hanging off the bar. Your elbows should be extended and your torso should be horizontal.
- Keeping your back neutral and your elbows perpendicular to your torso, exhale as you pull your chest up toward the bar.
- Hold for a count of two.
- Inhale as you lower your torso to the starting position.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Comments and tips
Bent-knee inverted rear dealt row video